View from graveyard
Photographer: Roger Fisher




View from graveyard
Photographer: Nicholas Clarke




View of West tower
Photographer: Nicholas Clarke




View of West tower
Photographer: Nicholas Clarke




View of West tower
Photographer: Nicholas Clarke




View of West tower
Photographer: Roger Fisher




View from graveyard
Photographer: Nicholas Clarke




Parapet wall
Photographer: Roger Fisher




Tombstone statue
Photographer: Roger Fisher




ST JOHN'S CHURCH
THIS CHURCH, BUILT BY 1820 SETTLERS, WAS DESIGNED BY
C. C. MICHELL R. E. LATER PROMOTED TO LT.-COLONEL
AND APPOINTED SURVEYOR - GENERAL OF THE CAPE COLONY.
THE FOUNDATION STONE WAS LAID ON 1ST MAY, 1832, AND
THE CHURCH WAS OPENED ON 1ST JANUARY, 1838. WHILE STILL
UNDER CONSTRUCTION, THE BUILDING SERVED AS A REFUGE
DURING THE WAR OF 1834 AND AS A FORT IN 1835. IT
AGAIN BECAME A PLACE OF REFUGE IN THE WARS OF 1846-47
AND 1850-53.
Historical Monuments Commission
ST. JOHNSKERK
HIERDIE KERK, GEBOU DEUR 1820 - SETLAARS, IS ONTWERP
DEUR C. C. MICHELL R. E. WAT LATER TO LT.-KOLONEL
BEVORDER EN AS LANDSMETER - GENERAAL VAN DIE KAAP KOLONIE
AANGESTEL IS. DIE HOEKSTEEN IS OP 1 MEI 1832 GELE EN DIE
KERK IS OP 1 JANUARIE 1838 GEOPEN. TERWYL DIT NOG IN
AANBOU WAS, HET DIT IN DIE OORLOG VAN 1834 AS 'N TOEVLUGS-
OORD EN IN 1835 AS 'N FORT GEDIEN. DIT IS WEER IN DIE
OORLOE VAN 1846-47 EN 1850-53 AS 'N TOEVLUGSOORD GEBRUIK
Historiese Monumentekommissie
Photographer: Roger Fisher




Tombstone statue
Photographer: Roger Fisher




Graveyard Tombstone detail
Photographer: Roger Fisher




Giddy grave
Photographer: Roger Fisher