NZASM-Hof - Salvokop NZASM Village
25°45'42.89" S 28°11'16.27" E Alt: 1363m
|See more photographs|
[now part of StatsSA Campus]
These houses were erected between 1892-1898. On taking over the properties of the NZASM in the Anglo-Boer War the Imperial Military Railways (IMR) drawing of 1901 shows that the NZASM village at Salvokop comprised a school (1896), twenty-one individual staff houses, a skittle alley, shooting gallery as well as a recreation ground. All buildings were arranged around an oval common with a cycle path at its perimeter. The houses are all Type C semi-detached houses. The village is to form the core of a newly constructed StatsSA Headquarters complex.