Share this record

Contact Artefacts
please if you have any comments or more information regarding this record.

Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk
Bethlehem, Free State

HAWKE and McKINLAY: Architect

Date:1910
Type:Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk - Church
Status:Extant
See more photographs

(Eeufees Album Ned Geref Gemeente 1869-1969:61; Van Niekerk 1950:470-71)

Supervising architect E WHITE.

The first church was built by William Meets in 1866. This was replaced by a new church in 1882 which was in turn replaced by this one built in 1910.

All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.


Writings about this entry

Hoevers, Jan. 2005. Van Kerke en Dorpe. Historiese vertellinge oor die oudste kerke en dorpe in Suid-Afrika. Centurion: Publiself Uitgewers. pg 11
Maeder, GA & Zinn, C. 1917. Ons kerk album van Hollandsche kerken en leeraren. Capetown: Cape Times. pg 168
Menache, Philippe & David, Darryl Earl. 2010. 101 Country Churches of South Africa. South Africa: Booktown Richmond Press. pg 16
Richardson, Deidré. 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. pg 167