People:Lucian Adrian LUBYNSKI: Architect
33°55'28.72" S 18°25'16.75" E Alt: 29m
Geneva House in Parliament Street, together with the adjacent building, was converted into a parking garage some years ago, around 2002. The garage is called "Adderley Park" and offers dedicated parking for nearby apartments in Adderley and Parliament Streets. There is a skywalk between Adderley Park and the converted apartment block Mutual Heights, which is situated diagonally across the street.
The ground floor was retained for commercial use and it is currently (March 2018) undergoing renovations. The old lift has been removed and new shop fittings are being installed. The old entrance foyer still has its Art Deco details in the plasterwork, but the green marble wall claddings have been removed, and it remains to be seen if these will be reinstated.
Geneva House no longer bears its old name, but the initials GH still feature prominently in the plasterwork of the façade's design.
(Lila Komnick, March 2018)
(SAB Jan 1935:47; SAB Apr 1935:29; SAB Oct 1935:89; AB&E Sep 1936:8,9; SAAR May 1937:xxiv)
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Writings about this entry
Contact Artefacts please if you have any comments or more information regarding this record.