This building in the Neo-Bizantine style was erected in 1927-1928. The
Church as well as its Furnishings was designed by Gerard Moerdyk. It
is regarded as one of his finest works. The first four Proffessors of
the Theological Faculty (Division B) of the University of Pretoria were
ordained here on 16 March 1938. All theological students of this Faculty
were legitimized here from 1941 to 1959.
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
|Kesting, DP. 1978. Afrikaans Protestantse kerkbou : erfenis en uitdaging. Port Elizabeth: Unpublished PhD. pg 805|
|Menache, Philippe & David, Darryl Earl. 2012. A Platteland Pilgrimage : 102 country churches of South Africa
. South Africa: Booktown Richmond Press. pg 13|
|Oxley, John. 1992. Places of Worship in South Africa. Halfway House: Southern Book Publishers. pg 141-143|