Collegiate School for Girls
William Henry STUCKE: Design Architect 1904
SMITH and DEWAR: Architect 1906
Originally designed by STUCKE and BANNISTER in 1904 additions were done by SMITH and DEWAR in 1906.
The school was located on corner of Bird Street and Belmont Terrace. Sadly it was demolished in the mid 1970s to make way for a rather ill fated "Park and Ride" scheme. The site was turned into a parking lot from which shoppers were bussed into Main Street in order to reduce traffic. In the early 1990s the New Law Courts were constructed on the site, in the Post Modern Style. (Gerald Humphrey 2016)
(Stucke's FRIBA nom papers 1910)
These notes were last edited on 2022 07 15
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Writings about this entry