Click to view large map
Built on the farm Hermanuskraal.
These are the ruins of a stone fort, which was built in 1835 and named after Captain AB Armstrong, who had commanded a camp on the site before the construction of the fort. It was captured by the rebel Hottentots in 1851, and recaptured by British troops under Lieutenant-Colonel Henry Somerset.
Writings about this entry