Parliament House, Old Provincial Buildings
The Legislative Assembly Building was built to house the Legislative Council of the Colony of Natal. The foundation stone was laid on 21 June 1887 by Sir Arthur Havelock, Governor of Natal in commemoration of Queen Victoria’s 50 anniversary of accession to the throne. The building was opened in 1889. (Richardson, 2001:241)
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Writings about this entry