View of building from north west
Photographer: William Martinson




Departmental Signage outside north entrance door
Photographer: William Martinson




Departmental Signage and National Monuments Council badge outside north entrance door
Photographer: William Martinson




View of building from north east
Photographer: William Martinson




View of building from north west
Photographer: William Martinson




Detail of central double storey section
Photographer: William Martinson




View of south facade
Photographer: William Martinson




Detail of verandah on north side
Photographer: William Martinson




Detail of substantial blocks forming surround to window on south side
Photographer: William Martinson




Detail of substantial blocks forming surround to window on south side
Photographer: William Martinson




Detail of substantial blocks forming closure to what was possibly originally a door opening on east side
Photographer: William Martinson




Detail of substantial blocks forming surround to window on north side
Photographer: William Martinson




Detail of gable string course in stone with galvanized capping
Photographer: William Martinson




Detail of eaves string course in stone, clad with timber fascia, with wrought iron bracket
Photographer: William Martinson




Dressed stone blocks at north east corner of double storey section
Photographer: William Martinson




Detail of eaves at corner
Photographer: William Martinson




Detail of eaves string course in stone at corner, clad with timber fascia
Photographer: William Martinson




Detail of cast iron air-brick on south gable
Photographer: William Martinson




Detail of dilapidated perimeter wall to precinct
Photographer: William Martinson




Portion of stone perimeter wall around site of Royal Engineers Building
Photographer: William Martinson




View from the North
Ref: Van der Riet collection, Cory Library, Rhodes University, Grahamstown (PIC/M 3960)
Submitted by William MARTINSON

Photographer: Unidentified




When the building had changed use to the Bacteriological Institute
Ref: How to See South Africa. The Official Guide to South Africa, 1906. pg 120
Submitted by William MARTINSON

Photographer: Unknown - c1906