![]() General view of memorial in public square with axial path Photographer: Giles Battiss - 2016 |
![]() View of memorial from north Photographer: Giles Battiss - 2016 |
![]() Detail of head of statue - after being vandalised Photographer: William Martinson - 2016 |
![]() Oblique view of memorial from northeast Photographer: Giles Battiss - 2016 |
![]() Detail of memorial from northeast Photographer: William Martinson - 2016 |
![]() Detail of sculpted dress from northeast Photographer: Giles Battiss - 2016 |
![]() Oblique view of head of statue Photographer: Giles Battiss - 2016 |
![]() Oblique view of memorial from southeast Photographer: Giles Battiss - 2016 |
![]() West side of bronze statue Photographer: Giles Battiss - 2016 |
![]() Detail of rear of bronze statue Photographer: William Martinson - 2016 |
![]() Detail of foundry name Photographer: William Martinson - 2016 |
![]() Detail of sculptor's name Photographer: William Martinson - 2016 |
![]() Inscription on north side of memorial Photographer: Giles Battiss - 2016 |
![]() Detail of portion of inscription on north side of memorial Photographer: Giles Battiss - 2016 |
![]() Detail of classical granite moulding at top of granite plinth Photographer: William Martinson - 2016 |
![]() Detail of classical granite moulding at base of granite plinth Photographer: William Martinson - 2016 |
![]() |
![]() Oblique view of fire damaged Memorial Photographer: William Martinson - March 2016 |
![]() North elevation of fire damaged Memorial Photographer: William Martinson - March 2016 |
![]() East elevation of fire damaged Memorial Photographer: William Martinson - March 2016 |
![]() Oblique view of fire damaged Memorial Photographer: William Martinson - March 2016 |
![]() Detail of fire damaged granite moulding at top of plinth Photographer: William Martinson - March 2016 |
![]() Detail of fire damaged granite moulding at top of plinth Photographer: William Martinson - March 2016 |
![]() Unveiling of the Memorial, circa 1899. Note the plinth is substantially larger than the existing plinth Photograph scanned from original in Amathole Museum, King William’s Town. Scan provided by Stephanie Victor, Amathole Museum Submitted by William MARTINSON Photographer: Unidentified |
![]() Postcard Submitted by Mark Finnigan via William Martinson Photographer: Unidentified |
![]() Postcard Submitted by Mark Finnigan via William Martinson Photographer: Unidentified |
![]() Postcard Submitted by Mark Finnigan via William Martinson Photographer: Unidentified |
![]() Postcard titled Maclean Square. King William’s Town Submitted by Mark Finnigan via William Martinson Photographer: Unidentified |
![]() Early postcard Submitted by William Martinson Photographer: Unidentified |
![]() Photograph of Maclean Square in 1939 with Memorial at centre Submitted by Aiden Nessa Dreyer via William Martinson Photographer: Unidentified |