North elevation viewed from north east - 2011
Photographer: William Martinson




Scanned photograph included on page 74 in MACMILLAN, Allister (Compiled by) & ROSENTHAL, Eric (Completed by) Homes of the Golden City, Hortors, Johannesburg, 1948. Submitted by William MARTINSON
Photographer: Unknown




Bronze plaque installed by the (then) National Monument Council
Photographer: William Martinson




Parktown Westcliff Heritage Trust 'Follow the Flags' blue plaque
Photographer: William Martinson




Stonehouse – from the garden of Pilrig, circa 1904

Barrow Construction Archives

Submitted by William MARTINSON


Photographer: Unknown




South facade from Rockridge Road, prior to the replacement of the kitchen chimney stack - then covered in creepers
Photograph taken when Patrick Duncan was in residence at Stonehouse (1913-1936).
Photograph provided by Patrick Reid, who acquired it by descent from the Duncan family.

Submitted by William MARTINSON

Photographer: Unknown




Oblique view of Stonehouse from northeast, prior to the Living Room extension on the north east corner
Photograph taken when Patrick Duncan was in residence at Stonehouse (1913-1936).
Photograph provided by Patrick Reid, who acquired it by descent from the Duncan family.

Submitted by William MARTINSON

Photographer: Unknown




West Elevation - 2011
Photographer: William Martinson




Brick with the impressed trademark of J. B & P.Co LTD in the frog. Presumably Johannesburg Brick & Pottery Company Ltd. Used as paving brick in the garden at Stonehouse - 2011
Photographer: William Martinson