NZASM South-Western Line Railway Station
Mattheus Carel August MEISCHKE: Contractor
Click to view map
The First Railway Station. It was demolished to make way for the Second Railway Station built in 1918.
A large, simple rectangular brick structure with pitched roof and pointed gables, accommodating the station-master's house, luggage room, entrance hall, office waiting room and toilets, the planning similar to those NZASM railway stations at Klerksdorp, Krugersdorp and Heidelberg.
These notes were last edited on 2020 09 28
Writings about this entry