Click to view map
In 1860 Thomas Bain Moved to Knysna to construct the roads there, and these works included a low standard access road for the foresters to the Zuurvlakte Crown Forests on the western side of the tidal Knysna River. As the constructed road climbed from the river causeway it became known as the Phantom Pass, named after the Phantom moth, a white moth that was found in the forests there.
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Writings about this entry