Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk
Click to view map
The church was built soon after a separate congregation was established from Glen Lynden in 1890. With the outbreak of the Second Anglo-Boer War in 1899 the building was commandeered by the British military authorities, the clockworks removed, the pipe-organ vandalized and a Maxim Machine gun mounted atop the tower. With the end of hostilities the building was repaired and reconsecrated. (Maeder, 1917: 137)
These notes were last edited on 2022 05 10
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Writings about this entry