Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk
Inaugurated on 25 November 1876.
During the Anglo-Boer War the church, together with the entire town, was ruined by the "Imperial Yeomanry" of the British forces in a battle that raged from 17 to 31 May 1900. The church was rebuilt on the ruined walls.
(Extracted and translated from Maeder et al 1917:177 and Hoevers 2005:65)
Writings about this entry