![]() Contact Artefacts | MenuHomeUpfront Now Up Books Towns Structures People Firms Lexicon | Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk School | ||
| The school was established in 1861, for the children of the Rogge Bay* fishing community. A permanent building was erected at the corner of Loop Street and Dock Road, and opened on 22 November 1862. Church services were also held there from 1865. Although the school moved elsewhere in 1908, aerial surveys show that the building was still standing in 1945, but had been demolished by 1953. * Rogge Bay was a small inlet off Table Bay. It was filled in as part of the Foreshore reclamation project in 1938/39. (Arthur Radburn, September 2025) References:
|
|