Contact Artefacts | MenuHomeUpfront Now Up Books Towns Structures People Firms Lexicon | Fountain on the Parade | ||
| Demolished in 1814 as a good water reticulation system had made it unnecessary. (Wikipedia). There is documentation that the fountain was built as a memorial to De Mist, the Commissioner-General of the Cape of Good Hope from 1802-1804, but there is no source for this information. Further documentation, also unconfirmed, claims that the fountain was not built as per the water-colour by Thibault. (See image right) |