Rhodes University, Chapel of St Mary and all the Angels
Click to view map
Foundation stone laid on 2 June 1915, consecrated by Bishop Phelps on 14 October 1916. The impressive altarpiece of the Madonna and Child above the altar was painted by Sister Margaret from 1924 - 1929. (Richardson 2001:22)
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Writings about this entry