Historic Vlakkeland farmstead (Onder Dal Josafat)
This Cape Dutch complex, inclusive of the surrounding ring wall, presumably dates from the years 1790 to 1800, and was previously the farmstead of the farm Vlakkeland, which was granted to Huguenot Jean Roux in 1694.
[Richardson Deidré, 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. p, 105.]
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.