Valencia Farm (Windmeul area)
Valencia, formerly known as Naauwbepaald, first formed part of the well-known Huguenot farm Kleinbosch, granted to Francois du Toit in 1692. The present homestead dates from about 1818, and was erected by Daniel Francois du Toit. It was changed from its original Cape Dutch style to a Georgian appearance in about 1855. The Cape Dutch outbuilding bears the date 1801 on the front gable, and was presumably the original dwelling on the farm.
[Richardson Deidré, 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. p, 106.]
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.