Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk
Click to view map
From pp 5, 11-12 of "Die Ned. Geref. Gemeente, Loxton Driekwart-Eeufees Gedenkskrif 1899 – 1974" (Nederduitse Gereformeerde Congregation, Loxton Three-Quarter Centenary Commemorative Publication 1899 – 1974):
The first church, called the Noodkerk, was built in 1899-1900 and inaugurated on 22 April 1900. In 1916 mention was made in Ons Kerk Album (Our Church Album) that over £2000 had been collected for the building of a new church. On 7 June 1924 the building committee was instructed to proceed immediately with the construction of the new church, for which an amount of between £11 000 and £11 500 was available. The foundation stone was laid by Rev F S Malan on 6 September 1924, and the inauguration took place on 13 June 1925. Rev Marais from Wepener, Rev Alheit from Clanwilliam and Rev Koch from Stellenbosch were invited to attend the ceremony.
Translated and submitted by Lila Komnick.
For more information on the NG gemeente Loxton see Wikipedia
Writings about this entry