Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk
This church was inaugurated on 9 October 1858. In 1967 cracks started appearing in the tower and on 23 March 1967 ds. Mentz remarked that fine dust fell onto the platform during the ringing of the bell. A commission was to be formed on 29 March at 17h00 to decide who would demolish the tower. The meeting turned out not to be necessary as at 15h35 on that day the tower collapsed.
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Writings about this entry