Ladybrand, Free State

Founded: 1867

Named after Lady Catharina Brand, wife of Sir Christoffel Brand, Speaker of the Cape House of Assembly, and mother of President Sir JH Brand.

 


Click to view large map

List of structures:

First Methodist Parsonage: 1894.
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: 1890.
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk - Noord: 1955.
St James's Anglican Chapel: c1896.
St Joseph Retreat: n.d..
St Michael's Catholic Church: 1922.
Town Hall: 1932.
Volkskas Bank - now ABSA: 1958.