Murraysburg, Western Cape

Founded: 1856

Named after Reverend Dr Andrew Murray and the owner of the original farm, J Burger.

 


Click to view large map

List of references:

Fagan, Gawie & Fagan, Gwen. 2008. Brakdak : platdakke in die Karoo. Cape Town: Breestraat Publikasies. pp 154-159
Fransen, Hans. 2004. The old buildings of the Cape. A survey of extant architecture from before c1910 in the area of Cape Town - Calvinia - Colesberg - Uitenhage. Johannesburg & Cape Town: Jonathan Ball Publishers. pp 553-554
Maeder, GA & Zinn, C. 1917. Ons kerk album van Hollandsche kerken en leeraren. Capetown: Cape Times. pp 101
Richardson, Deidré. 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. pp 125
Schoeman, Chris. 2013. Historical Karoo, The : Traces of the past in South Africa's arid interior. Cape Town: Zebra Press. pp 100-101

List of structures:

Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: c1860 : 1907.
Volkskas Bank - now ABSA: 1962.