PEARSE and ELLISEstablished: 1913
The partnership between GE PEARSE and TG ELLIS in Johannesburg from 1913. On Pearse's departure for war, Ellis continued to run the practice. After the war they entered at least two competitions, one for the Standard Bank Building, Eloff St in Johannesburg (1918) and the other for the Benoni Town Hall (1918). In both they were unsuccessful. The partnership seems to have ceased shortly afterwards, Ellis joining COWIN & POWERS and Pearse turning to teaching, and his long career at the University of the Witwatersrand.
(Building Jun 1918:165-6, ill; Building Dec 1918:232); Herbert 1975:8, 250)
All truncated references not fully cited in 'References' are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.