PINCHIN and SMITHEstablished: 1862/1881
The partnership between R PINCHIN and GW SMITH in Port Elizabeth from about 1862, with a break of about thirteen years while Smith was away in Australia. In 1881 Pinchin invited Smith to return to partnership in Port Elizabeth since there was an encouraging increase in work. Smith accepted and they seem to have remained in partnership until Pinchin died in 1883. No buildings have yet been ascribed to the partnership.
(Smith 1985; PE Museum, Dwgs; Looking Back 16 (1) Mar 1976:7-8)
All truncated references not fully cited in 'References' are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.