KENDALL and MORRISEstablished: 1919
The partnership between FK KENDALL and J MORRIS began in Cape Town on the 1 January 1919. In 1920 the partners won the competitions for the Cape Technical Institute, Cape Town, and for the Humewood Hotel, Port Elizabeth. The partnership was dissolved in September 1925, both architects continuing to practise on their own accounts in Cape Town.
(AB&E Sep 1925:9; Index to the Kendall & Earle Gift, UCT MS Libr; SAAR Dec 1925:105-6)
All truncated references not fully cited in 'References' are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.