Contact Artefacts
please if you have any comments or more information regarding this record.

Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk
Paul Roux, Free State

Francis Andrew Oldacre JAFFRAY: Architect
Hendrik VERMOOTEN: Architect

Date:1914 : 1948
Type:Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk - Church
Status:Extant

 


Click to view map

Coordinates:
28°17'53.12" S 27°56'54.09" E Alt: 1585m

The original church was designed in 1914 by JAFFRAY and the additions in 1949 by VERMOOTEN.

"Op 28 Mei 1946 gee die gemeente toestemming tot die aanbou van die toring van die onvoltooide kerkgebou. Op 17 Augustus 1946 besluit die gemeente om 'n orrel aan te koop. Op 19 Februarie 1947 gaan die gemeente oor tot herbou van die kerkgebou en die inwyding vind plaas op 14 en 15 Februarie 1948. Op 14 Mei 1949 is die nuwe orrel ingewy."
(Morné van Rooyen, Bron: Wikipedia)

"On May 28, 1946 the congregation gave permission for the construction of the tower of the unfinished church. On 17 August 1946 the congregation decided to purchase an organ. On February 19, 1947 the congregation went about rebuilding the church and the inauguration took place on 14 and 15 February 1948. On 14 May 1949 the new organ was inaugurated."

(FRIBA nom papers 1932)

All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.


Writings about this entry

Maeder, GA & Zinn, C. 1917. Ons kerk album van Hollandsche kerken en leeraren. Capetown: Cape Times. pg 192