Roeland Street Synagogue
(SAWW 1910; Radford 1979:123)
The building was located on the corner of Roeland St and Buitenkant St. (adjacent to no.56, which is now used by Lifeline/ Childline and is understood to have formerly been the Seventh Day Adventist's Church)
(Gerald Humphrey, March 2018)
It was used by the Agudat Achim/New Hebrew Congregation c1902-c1952. This congregation then moved to Schoonder Street Synagogue in Vredehoek, which is now a block of flats.
(Juan-Paul Burke, January 2020)
These notes were last edited on 2020 01 22
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Writings about this entry