Huguenot Memorial School (Remains of farm Kleinbosch)
In 1881 the Genootskap van Regte Afrikaaners decided to establish the Huguenot Memorial School. The building was erected in 1882-1883 and served as a school until 1910. It was originally a Georgian double-storey building and was the first school to use Afrikaans as its medium of instruction.
[Richardson Deidré, 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. p, 106.]
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.