Onderdal School Buildings
The Onderdal School was founded in 1847. Building work on the new school commenced late in 1854, and the building was inaugurated on 31 May 1855. It was officially opened on 5 June 1855 and was used until 1968 when it was finally closed. Founder members of the Genootskap van Regte Afrikaaners also received instruction here.
[Richardson Deidré, 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. p, 106.]
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.