Click to view map
The fort takes its name from the Beechamwood Methodist Mission Station founded in 1841 by the Reverend Horatio Pearse.
The fort, a quadrangle of earthwork sods, was a "well built fort for 200 men."
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Writings about this entry