Designed by JH Aldwyncle, this house was built in 1905
for Henry S Wilson, a produce merchant. Known as the
“Oats King”, Wilson built North Lodge on the profits made
supplying the British army with fodder for its horses.
The fodder was imported from Central America
and mixed with the hay were plant seeds of
blackjack, khakibos, gallant soldier and
cosmos - invaders of another type.