Also spelled Dal Josafat and Daljosaphat
The site incorporates this consolidated farm, formerly known by each of the names mentioned above, and all historic buildings thereon. The farms Non Pareille and Goede Rust were originally granted in 1690, and Roggeland in 1693.
These three farms remained in the hands of the French Huguenots and their descendants for centuries. There are approximately 14 historic buildings in the Cape Dutch or Victorian style, the most important of which have already been restored. The Huguenot cemetery on Non Pareille is also of interest from a cultural history point of view.
[Richardson Deidré, 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. p, 105.]
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.