SCOTT, John OldridBorn: 1841
The son of the well-known British architect Sir George Gilbert SCOTT (1811-1878), came to supervise the building of the chancel and completion of the tower and spire of the Church of St Michael and St George, Grahamstown on behalf of his father from 1878. He designed the pulpit for the same building. On Scott's return to Britain, W WHITE-COOPER was appointed supervising architect for the work from 1889 until about 1892 when the building was finally completed.
FRIBA 1878. (Greig 1971; FRIBA nom papers vol 5:1873-1879:115)
All truncated references not fully cited in 'References' are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Books citing SCOTT
Chapters in books citing SCOTT